January 4, 2014

Beauty Crown Wk5: Face Product Faves & Tools

The last and final category for our. . .



The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe.  The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.







Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014


Week 5 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers 
Facial Care Products & Tools 
Below are my selections:



FACIAL SKIN CARE

Cleansers
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
I love how gentle this is on my skin. It leaves my skin soft and removes all my makeup since I am lazy to use a makeup remover, I like face cleansers that can remove all my make-up as well.

Serum
I don't think I have a favorite serum this year. I have and still am trying out different face serums right now and nothing beats my Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil in making my face feel so soft, hydrated and glowing.

Moist Towelette
Huggies Natural Care Wipes
And yes these are baby wipes folks! These has been the best ones I have found that is gentle enough on my skin to remove most of my makeup before I wash my face! Or even if I just want to freshen up after a sweaty workout this does the job and for a cheaper price than those makeup wipes! I found mine at Target, 3 packs for $7 at their Baby section!
Exfoliators
Fresh Soy Face Exfoliant
Before I fell in-love with Michael Todd's Jojoba Charcoal Scrub this was the face scrub I use 1-2 times a week. If it wasn't for the high price tag I would be repurchasing this but I seem to be finding new, less expensive ones as gentle as this, but for 2013 this was my go-to exfoliator!




Masks
I don't have an all time favorite mask for 2013 because I have been trying out so many different masks all year from different mud/ clay masks to different paper masks, and each gives me different benefits that my skin needs.

Facial Mist
Urban Decay b6 Vitamin Infused Complexion Prep Spray
I love how the mist on this is so fine. Again I don't think it met it's claims but this was nice to spray on the face. I wouldn't repurchase this though because again for the hefty price tag ($33 for a 4oz spray bottle on Sephora.com).

Cleansing System
Clarisonic Mia2
You can read more about this cleansing system kit I bought, HERE.
And for more updates on how I am doing please go to the Skin Care tab.




TOOLS

Brushes
Makeup Brushes
Eco Tools brushes
Hands down the best drugstore makeup brushes. Real Techniques brushes did come close but they don't have as much variety in brushes as this line. I also have some eye brushes, concealer and blush brush that are not pictured below. 

Hairbrush
Tangle Teezer
http://www.tangleteezer.com
The best detangling hair brush ever for wet or dry hair!



Eyelash Curler
I don't have a favorite, I am in between two lash curlers right now and just trying out different techniques on how to get the most out of my straight lashes!

Tweezers
Christian Dior Tweezers
The tweezers that came in this set (which I received as a Christmas gift last year from Sis) is the best one I have used!

Nail Tools
Dotting Tools from Amazon.com
I got this for $3 I think and still use this on days I am in the mood to do some intricate nail art. But even just for simple, quick nail arts these are easy to use for such a bargain!


OMG!
And that is it for our Beauty Crown awards for 2013!
I really had fun seeing everyone's beauty product winners, and thank you all who participated and shared their favorites with us! I think I have a good beauty shopping list for 2014 with all the products I have seen from everyone!

And thank you ladies, Liz, Lily and Shalunya for inviting me to do this collaboration with you! It was great working with you all! And if you guys have not checked out these bloggers yet, go subscribe to their blogs already!

And maybe we will see you all again for 2014's Beauty Crown Awards ?!?!?


























No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com