December 9, 2013

Beauty Crown 2013: Wk 2 - Fave Face Products





The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe.  The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014


Week 2 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Face Products. Below are my Week 2 selections:



FACE

Primer
bareMinerals PrimTime Foundation Primer
I have tried so many other face primers from the beauty boxes but this is the only one that gives me that nice smooth base for my foundation.

BB Cream
Jouer Matte Moisture tint in Hazelnut
This has been the only moisturizer than I can wear by itself. It covers my blemishes and redness. Evens out my skin tone and kept my face matte! I have not found anything like this even after trying out so many other ones. 

Foundation
bareMinerals Original powder foundation in Golden Tan
This has been the only foundation that feels like I am not wearing anything on my face but gives me a nice coverage. 

Powder
NYX Mineral "Set It Don't Fret It" Matte Finishing Powder
I have only used two powders to set my foundation and concealer and between the two I like how this mattifies my face, but I do still need to blot after a few hours around my T-zone.

Concealer
Inglot AMC Cream Concealer #70
 It gives me great coverage after using so many other ones, this one has been my go-to ever since I bought it! This is a very creamy concealer and leaves a shine so it needs to be set by a powder.

Brightener
Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighter in Honey
I love this highlighter! It doesn't crease under my eyes as much as the others, and it brightens my under eye really pretty! I have a tanned skin tone and there are brighteners out there that just looks white on my face - not the brightening type I am looking for! 


Blush
theBalm Hot Mama blush
I love this blush and have been using it so much ever since I got it! It has a nice shimmer to it but on the cheeks it gives you that nice healthy peachy-pink glow! I would say this is a good dupe for Nars Blush- Orgasm.

Bronzer
PopBeauty Blush Bronzer Duo in Bronzed HoneyBeam
I received this as one of my prizes on those Ipsy Challenges and I have been using the bronzer to do light contouring. Mixing the two together is actually very pretty and gives a nice glow all over!

Highlighter
theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
O.M.G! This highlighter is just amazing! A little bit of if is only needed to highlight my cheekbones. I sometimes use this in the inner corner of my eyes and I love how it brightens up my face! This product will last me a while!

Palette
*I only have eye shadow palettes and so I will save that for week 4 when we all share our Fave Eye products!*





So that's it for my week 2 Favorite Face Beauty Products! I have been enjoying reading everyone's Beauty Crown winners. My beauty wish list is so long now because I want to try so many products that I see! To check out the other Beauty Crown posts, click on any of the images down on the Linky Tool and it will take you to that blogger's Beauty Crown post! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com