November 15, 2014

An Autumn Evening Look with ColourPop Cosmetics

Products provided by ColourPop Cosmetics. See "disclosure policy" tab for full blog disclosure info.


Fall is the season to wear bold, deep red and rich berry lip shades, and pair that with a neutral eye look. I wanted to branch out from that and so I tried out this colorful smokey look using some 
ColourPop Cosmetics!


This post will just focus on the look I have created and a review will be up next time. To not make a review post super long since I do have more shades to show you from ColourPop than the products I have used for this look, I decided to just do a separate one for that.
About the brand:
ColourPop cosmetics were made with high quality ingredients that has a very wallet friendly price. Their colorful eyeshadows and lippies are only $5 each! They are a cruelty free and Made in USA company based in California! 

The Look:
I have been loving purple shadows for the Fall as my neutral go-to shade. I received this gorgeous burgundy-violet shadow with a satin finish called Hustle from ColourPop and I knew I wanted that to be my main color for a smokey eye.

I usually do my brows first before any eye look so I can see the frame of my eyes and to guide me when I am doing my wing liner.So for this look I used an eye primer since I am using a few different shadows besides the featured ColourPop shadows. I grabbed for my favorite matte light brown for my transition shade, and a highlight shade to apply under the brow.


Using my finger I applied Hustle all over the lid up to the crease area and blend that part with my transition shade. And for some pop of color and a beautiful contrast as a highlight to this gorgeous burgundy shadow, I used the shadow Game Face and applied that to the center of my lid and to my inner corners. Game Face has a beautiful metallic finish to it and the penny-copper color of this shade just pops when applied on top of Hustle.


Grab your favorite black liquid liner or gel liner and work that wing on top of your lid. For the waterlines I used two different waterproof pencil liners, I used a black-gray liner for the bottom waterline and a black one for the upper waterline. Curl those lashes, apply your favorite mascara and if you're a false lash fan go ahead and apply your favorite falsies! It will look gorgeous with this eye look!

I kept it simple for the face but for the lips, I went for a bold lip! Using the Bichette stick and pencil, which is a nice matte deep red. To match the shimmery gold on my eyes, I added the OCC Stained Gloss in Nomad, which is this brownish-red shade with gold shimmers.


Here's the full look! And also a list of the products I have used on the rest of my face: 



Face:
primer - Jouer Anti-Blemish Matte Primer
concealer - CoverFX Cream Concealer in Medium
eye highlight - Garnier BB Eye Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Daily Eye Roller in Light/Medium
foundation - MUFE HD Foundation in N153 + Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Bronzed
powder (eye area) - Graftobian Face Powder in Banana Cream Pie
face powder/ bronzer - Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Veil Tropical Days in Warm Bronze
blush - Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic in Love Is The Drug

It is a very dramatic look but if I am wearing a very monochromatic outfit (like an all black or all cream or gray or navy blue outfit) for the night, this makeup look will make your face pop! Accessorize with gold toned jewelries to match the gold shimmers on your eyes will bring it all together! 

Hey you only get glammed once in a while so why not play with those colorful eyeshadows in your palette and give your neutral shadows a break?!? Or give the bold lip trend a try if you are always reaching for that nude-shade lipstick. 

Again I am no makeup artist but I love to challenge myself and when given a colorful palette why not play with it and go for it?!? My makeup may not be on point as those  makeup artists but I do hope it gives you an idea on how else you can play with your makeup!

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com