July 11, 2014

Review: Emjoi eRase e60 Epilator

Sample provided by LiptonPublicity

'Tis the season to show off those pretty legs!!!
So what's your choice of leg hair removal?
Are you the classic razor girl? wax strips? depilatory cream? laser removal? Or are you the epilator-user? If you are or are interested in venturing out in trying an epilator, please keep reading!


So I have never seen or owned an epilator before. I had to Google what this machine is about and at first my jaw dropped as it is described as a million tweezers (I exaggerated there a bit) pulling hair from your skin! It was not pleasing to hear but as we all know pulling out the hair (aka tweezing) means the hair will not grow as fast nor have ingrown hairs as when we shave. Painful as it sounds, I am still intrigued by this tool. I debated and kept reading on epilators before I decided to accept the offer to review the Emjoi eRase e60 epilator. Hey, if I can tolerate 3 hours of getting inked then this should be a piece of cake, right???
Before we continue on how my experience with this tool is, let me tell you more about this product.
The Emjoi eRase e60 is the newest addition to Emjoi's line of epilators. It is a corded, with dual-speed model that has a "60 tweezer action discs arranged in skin-tautening dual opposing heads." This was introduced at the International Home and Housewares Show in March and was a big hit with attendees.



This also has the Erase Glide Technology, which enables the user to glide it either back and forth or in a circular motion over the skin to remove hair in seconds, while being gentle enough to remove individual facial hair on chin or upper lip.
The kit comes with the adapter, a nice mesh travel zip pouch, a cleaning brush and an instruction booklet. It also comes with a sensitive attachment for the epilator head, resulting in a product designed to be mild enough to remove hair where the user is most sensitive, including underarms, yet still remain easy to use and reliable.


This compact, travel-friendly kit retails for $79.95 on emjoi.comFor more information about this tool and any of the Emjoi products, visit Emjoi.com!


Now onto  my thoughts on this product!

Sis and I have tried other ways to remove the hairs in our legs besides shaving, and I always end up going back to my old handy dandy razor. It's fast, painless and smooth legs in seconds! 


When I received this product, it sat on my desk for days because I was in denial (that I should not have accepted this to review but my curiosity was killing me), and mentally preparing myself I guess because I know this will not be a breeze. It even says in the booklet, the first time of using this it will hurt and it did! I was happy to see though, this was a compact size tool so I can do small sections while I scream in-between, since I'm a big drama queen like that. 
After taking a shower while my pores are still pretty open, that's when I tried this out on one leg. Not to be TMI but my leg hair has been sparse since I have been shaving them. And they grow back really fine and short. I pulled my skin tight and started by my ankle area and slowly worked my way up by my knee. It has dual speed but I have only used it on the first speed. 
The pain are just quick ones as how tweezing your brows would feel. And now I have started, I can't just stop, I have to finish it and get all the hairs removed from my leg. I definitely suggest to have some cooling lotion to apply after this, it definitely helps. My skin is not irritated at all, it is pretty gentle as I glide through my leg.
My smooth nice legs would last for a week or so, I would see a few fine hairs here and there which I just try to ignore and is not visible if you don't look super closely. The few weeks I've had this tool I have only need to remove my leg hairs like once in two weeks. I have no hard time going around my knee cap and if it doesn't pull the hair once, I go back again with a bit more pressure with the eRase e60. 
I have only used this on my legs because I am not ready to try this out on my face or armpit or bikini area yet. And I will continue to keep using this on my legs now instead of shaving. I am not sure if I will try it beyond my leg area but I wanted to get this review out to you guys before Summer do ends  and if you are looking at another at-home hair removal product to use, I do hope you take a look at this one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com