March 20, 2014

Vintage Glam FOTD3: Smokey Cat Eye

OMGeee we are on week 3 already woohoo!!! I am more excited actually that it will finally be above 3o degrees soon here in Brooklyn! Unfortunately we are not done with this chill, I think Winter is having his last hoorah, this Sunday or something. I am just so ready to put my coats away!


If you guys want to check out the past makeup looks, here are the links to +Liz Outh's and my past Vintage Glam FOTD's:
And for this week's FOTD post, here is the link to my oh-so-gaw-geous Liz's post:


So I dug very deep (in a super exaggerated way!) to my collection, which was easy since I don't really have much. I swear I don't have a crazy makeup collection! Let me know if you would like to see what's in the (IKEA) Alex drawers if you guys are wondering. Got bold with my makeup this week since I am bored with going casual and simple and so I went for some smokey cat eye to take it from day to night.

Here's what I chose to use from my shallow drawers. . .


1- LoracPro Palette: I bought this last year during the holidays and found a limited edition set which I reviewed, HERE. I just used this palette for it's matte shadows, mostly Mauve and Taupe. I have been really loving those to use as my transition and crease colors.
2- Dior Eye Designer: This was a gift from Sis for my birthday, and the first time I used this palette I was using the eyebrow wax and powder in the middle until it dried out on me. I didn't want to touch the shadows at all because I just love the Dior engraving on it! This was my very first super high end makeup product and I actually just wanted to stare at it but that's a waste right?!? 
After this week though, the pretty engraved design is all gone now but OMG these shadows are very pretty! 
3- Josie Maran Argan Color Stick - Tenderheart: This lip/ cheek tint came from a kit I bought from QVC, which I reviewed HERE! I love to use this peachy-orange tint during the Spring/ Summer season, since it just gives my face that nice glow.
4- Jordana FABU-liners - black and dark brown: In the picture above I was using my dark brown Jordana Fabu-liner, and for today's makeup look, I took out my black one.
I have been using my Maybelline Line Stiletto so I forgot how I used to love these! I love that after not using this for a month or so, it has not dried out on me and the black is still very black and easy to use still! For $2.99 each, this is such a great quality product!

Okay now for todays look, I went a bit more "dressed up" with my eye makeup. I was inspired by Liz actually to do a smokey cat-eye. Those smokey looks she did from her past Vintage Glam FOTD's were stuck in my head (because the girl was screaming pretty and fierce!) and I wanted to try it out and looking at the Dior palette they looked like they were the perfect trio to do it! 
beauty tip: This is actually a great eye look for us girls with round shaped eyes! It gives the illusion of almond shaped eyes. Hence, my obsession with winging my liner all the time too.


FACE + LIPS:
  • bareMinerals Prime Time foundation primer
  • Inglot AMC Cream Concealer #70
  • MUFE HD Foundation N153
  • undereye highlight: W3LL PEOPLE Narcissist Foundation/ Concealer no.3
  • blush: Josie Maran Argan Color Stick - Tenderheart
  • cheekbone highlight: Stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer
  • setting powder: W3LL PEOPLE Realist Mineral Primer Powder - clear/ translucent
  • lips: Josie Maran Argan Color Stick - Tenderheart + Julep lip gloss - Awestruck
  • setting spray: Model In A Bottle for sensitive skin
EYEBROWS
  • Anastasia Beveryly Hills Brow Wiz - Ebony
  • LoracPro Palette: espresso + black
  • benefit Gimme Brow - light/ medium
EYES
  • Urban Decay eye primer - Eden
  • LoracPro Palette:
    • crease- Mauve
    • brow + inner corner highlight- Cream
  • Dior Eye Designer:
    • all over the lid- lightest shade (shimmery pale pink shadow)
    • outer corner + 1/3 crease- middle shade (shimmery taupe)
    • smokey wing- darkest shade (shimmery grey)
  • Jordana FABU-liner - black
  • mascara - ModelCo Fibre LashExtend extreme black lengthening mascara

And I was feeling fancy today and used my Cortex 4-in-1 curling iron with 1-1/2" barrel.
March is surely flying by! With all what's going on every week here at home and purposely making doc appointments in March surely helps hehehehe! I am in desperate need of some sunshine aka Vit.D and some outdoor activities aka outdoor brunching and drinks hahaha!!! 

What's on your Spring/ Summer agenda? Anybody else going to IMATS- NY?

No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com