February 17, 2014

FOTD: Makeup while wearing Eyeglasses


I unfortunately do not have 20/20 vision and do have to wear glasses most of the time. 
After watching a few YouTube tutorials on what or how-to wear makeup while wearing glasses, this is what I have learned and have been doing for a neutral or smokey eye with eye glasses.

FACE+LIPS
  • primer: Hourglass Mineral Primer
  • concealer: Physician's Formula Conceal Rx Physician Strength Concealer (Green) 
  • foundation: Urban Decay Naked Foundation in 8.0
  • under eye concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Honey
  • setting powder: theBalm Sexy Mama anti-shine translucent powder 
  • blush: theBalm Hot Mama + theBalm InStain in Houndstooth
  • highlighter: Marc Jacobs Light Show Luminizing Powder
  • lips: Revlon Matte Balm in Elusive + Rimmel ShowOff lip lacquer in Galaxy

EYEBROWS
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Ebony
  • NYX eye/brow pencil in Taupe
  • Chella clear brow gel




EYES

  • eye primer: Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer
  • eye shadows: using the Lorac Pro Palette:
    • Mauve - all over the lid
    • Taupe - outer corner + crease
    • Cream - inner corner + brow highlight
    • Mauve  + Deep Purple + Pewter - lining top and bottom lash lines
  • L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Perpetual Purple - lining the top and bottom lash line
  • MakeUp Forever eye liner in black in my water line
  • Jordana Fabu-liner in black to line upper lash line + small wing
  • mascara: Tarte gifted amazonian clay smart Mascara

Here's a pic without the glasses on. The light washed out my face a little bit but just wanted to show you this makeup can also be worn even if you don't wear glasses!



here are my few tips when wearing makeup with glasses:

1- strong brows: My eyes are "hiding" behind the frames duh! And so the first thing they will notice when they look at your face are your brows so keep them groomed and shaped!
I would usually use the black eyeshadow to fill in my brows to make them darker but since I am wearing thick black frames here, I just used NYX Taupe to fill but to show that strong shape, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil in black. 
2- highlight your under eyes: Glasses put a shadow on our face and making this area of our face darker and plus we are wearing a heavier eye look here, I made sure to highlight my under eyes. I usually use Maybelline Dream Lumi highlighter in Honey but I was out of that but the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer still worked great to keep this area of my face looking brighter than the rest of my face.
3- no contouring needed: This is just my personal opinion. I feel the frames are enough to show the shape of my face. Like I mentioned before this is a smokey eye look so I just want to keep everything else simple but not looking flat. 
4- no falsies or mascara at all! These frames do not touch my lashes at all so I am able to curl and apply mascara on but before I've had pairs of glasses that will touch my lashes when I curl them so just be aware of that before you put mascara on or falsies!



So those are just a few of the rules I follow when I put makeup on with my eye glasses. If you wear glasses and have other tips for me please comment down below! 

By the way if you are interested at where I bought these pair of glasses, check out my review here:

Don't ever think you are limited to what makeup you can wear because you wear glasses! It took me a while to learn what would look best as well but now I embrace it and now I make it part of my signature look. Just like any accessories, I make sure the makeup I wear compliments my frames!
 If you'd like to chit chat about it more, let's talk! Email, tweet, comment below and I'd love to help you out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com