December 1, 2013

Review on INGLOT Cosmetics Part 1


INGLOT Company was established over 25 years ago by Wojtek Inglot, a young chemist working at that time in R&D department in pharmaceutical company.
His principal objective was to produce high quality products at fair and reasonable prices, using only the best possible ingredients and raw materials from the most reputable suppliers.
All Inglot cosmetics are produced within the European Union and 95% of them are manufactured in our own state of the art production facilities.
We work with make-up artists and colour consultants to bring the latest trends in colour, texture and form to the market. We are constantly developing new products and have just launched the world’s first ever Breathable Nail Enamel ensuring better health care for nails whilst enhancing their beauty.
Our unique Freedom System allows customers to experiment with countless shades and colour combinations of different face products, giving them the opportunity to create their own customized colour palette.
We are present in over 400 retail locations worldwide.






The first time I have ever heard of Inglot is from YouTube beauty videos. And fortunately they have stores here in the city and this year they had two events held in their Inglot Cosmetics Studio in NYC that I was able to attend to and got to know more about the brand!

You can read about those events here:
For pictures, please check out their albums on their Facebook page here:
What caught my eye about this brand is they are Paraben Free & Cruelty Free! Plus their Freedom System palettes in which you fill their square palettes with your choice of face, cheeks, eyes and lip shades sold me!
Before I do talk about the pretty eye shadows I got from them, I'd also like to share with you the other products I have bought from them throughout this year and give you my two cents on it. Since this will be a pretty long list, I have divided this post into two parts!
  • Part 1: face, lips and nail products (which is this post you are reading right now!)
  • Part 2: eye products (this post will be posted sometime next week and I will update this with it's link after)
*Click on the name of the products to send you to the Inglot site for more information and color choices for the products mentioned.

1- So if you have been reading my blog, I have mentioned on my FOTD looks how I use their AMC Concealer #70 ($10) a lot! 

"Rich in Vitamin A and E the Cream Concealer uses pigments and light to provide the ‘SOFT FOCUS’ effect."



This concealer is very creamy, easy to put on with your own fingers or a concealer brush, and covers my blemishes and acne scars pretty well. This jar will last me a while and it is great for the price! This leaves my face shiny so I always powder to set this and keep my face looking matte.

2- I also have bought a Sleeks Lip Gloss #59 ($10) while I was in their Studio/Store during the event (*how can you not when they were offering a 20% off on all their products during the event?!?)

"Vitamin E, Treated pigments and breathable film formers moisturize while a long lasting formula ensures longevity. Packaged with wand or foam tip applicators."

I honestly have not given this enough love but this shade is actually just perfect for the Fall/ Winter season! I do know this do not feel sticky on my lips at all, and kept my lips pretty moisturized like a lip balm, that I forgot I had chosen to apply a bold color on my lips that night! You don't have to apply a lot as it is very opaque so this I suggest to apply in front of a mirror. In my opinion this is more like a liquid lipstick as wearing by itself is enough for me.



The shade I picked, #59 is this nice deep red-orange color with gold shimmers in it. This has a nice shine to it when worn. I would wear this with the rest of my face pretty matte as this is shimmery enough for the whole look! Great for the Holiday parties coming up!

3- Another product that I have not given enough love either is a Lipstick Pearl ($12) I bought from their 40%off table in the shade 221 (*I can't seem to find this on the site so this may be a discontinued shade). 



"Vitamin E and apricot kernel oil moisturize and protect the lips whilst this non-sticky, long lasting formula provides easy and even application."

This is a nice pink-nude shade with gold shimmers in it. It looks like a nice rose gold in the tube and when I swatched it on my hand, it was just beautiful so I was sold! Unfortunately when I applied it on my lips, it is just too light for me. I may just use this as a highlight and apply it just in the middle of my bottom lip or pair it with a darker nude lip liner. I have to keep playing with it.


I do found this lipstick moisturizing when I wore it, so I may go try their matte or creamy lipsticks next. Both lip products have that usual lipstick smell which I don't mind as I know they did not add any perfume or floral/fruity scents to the products.

4- During the second event (The Sultaness Event), Inglot also launched their O2M Nail Enamel line. Check out some of the pictures in their Facebook page, here: The Sultaness Launch Event
"Polymer KS_02 allows moisture and oxygen to pass through to keep nails in the best condition. Does NOT contain toluene, formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) or camphor."

Left: #354 (ornage); #640 (fuchsia)

So I bought one from the O2M line, which is the nice fuchsia color pictured above, and one from their regular line that was also on the 40%off table section.
The colors I chose are more for Spring/Summer wear and I have worn them a few times and just love it! The orange shade (#354), I have mostly worn it on my toe nails and it looked well with my tan during the Summer! The fuchsia (#640) shade is a nice shade that I would wear all year long! It's fun colors to do some nail arts too, that's why I picked these shades. I don't remember having any chipping problems with these and the usual base coat + two coats + top coat have lasted me a week with no problems!
Since I have been changing my polish every week lately, I try to use nail polishes that are DBP-, Formaldehyde- and Toluene- FREE polishes to keep my nails healthy.

my nails during the Sultaness Event

*Quick Tip: try to use oil based nail polish removers as this is less harsher on the nails and will not dry out your cuticles. Plus putting some oil or using a lip balm around your cuticles while doing your manis will be good too. Check out my post on that here, Cuticle Balms!


All in all, I do love all the products I have purchased from Inlgot and will be continuing to try out more of their products! They do have everything make-up you need in their store, from face toners to foundation to concealers to powders to blushes and gel liners and lipsticks and so many more! 
I think you can find them in selected Macy's Department Stores besides their online store.

I will post my review on the eye shadows and eye liners I have bought next week so do watch out for that. Subscribe through Google+ or Bloglovin' or Twitter or Facebook, so you don't miss it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com