November 10, 2013

What's in my Weekend Make-up Bag?


Last Friday I planned to spend the night at my Sis' house to spend the weekend with my niece! They live less than an hour from us but with busy weekend schedules, we only get to see each other a few times in a month. 
I wanted to keep my bag light since I still had a dentist to go to that afternoon then walk around the city a bit before heading home to their house with my overnight bag. And so I packed light even with my makeup bag.



Here's what I brought to do my Face Make-up:


  • Michael Tod's Hydration Boost Serum & Citrus Cream Moisturizer Sample packets
  • Cerave AM Sunscreen moisturizer
  • Urban Decay Naked Foundation in a small container
  • disposable sponges and Q-tips
tip: the small plastic container for my foundation I bought from The Container Store but I am sure you can find some on Amazon or any other Beauty Supply Store for cheap.





For the rest of my face, these are what I got to fit in my make-up bag:
  • EcoTools travel size eye brushes
  • Tarte Flawless Face Primer
  • Urban Decay Eden eye primer sample
  • Inglot AMC Cream Concealer in #70
  • Maybelline Dream Lumi in Honey
  • Wet n'Wild Single Shadow in Nutty (crease color)
  • L'oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Amber Rush (all over lid color)
  • Palladio Rice Paper Blotting Sheets (I forgot to pack a setting powder so I used this!)
  • Jordana Retractable Lip liner in Tawny 
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush
  • Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
  • Maybelline Lash Discovery Waterproof mascara
  • Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil in Ebony
  • Jordana Fabu-liner in brown
  • Benefit Benetint sample size
  • Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter sample size (used this on my cheeks, inner corner of my eyes and below my brow arch)
  • Kat Von D Rollerball perfume in Saint 

*Not pictured are my La Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleansers I got from last month's Ipsy bag. I used this to remove all my make-up which did a great job! And then just borrowed Sis' face wash. If I was going to spend more than a day, I would have packed my own face wash and my Clarisonic Mia2.

I just kept my makeup simple since we were not going anywhere fancy but just walked around their neighborhood. I did not want to bring a lot of face brushes since they are bulky so I brought disposable sponges. It's not as good as my Sigma F80 brush but it did the job. And I have my fingers as back up if I need to do more blending or any precise application if needed.
This is one of those times when those sample size makeup products get very handy as they don't take up much space! 

What do you guys pack for your mini-getaways? Or I guess what are the products you have you can't live the house without, especially you won't be home 'til the next day or two?!?

This actually took me a while to pack as I wanted to bring so many other products with me but because I had to pack light, I had to leave most of what I wanted to bring at home.

Hope you all are having a great rest of your weekend! I'll see you all again on my next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com