November 4, 2013

October 2013 Favorites








And these are (just) a few of my favorite things (excuse me as I channel Julie Andrews in Sound of Music here). . . Finally the leaves are starting to fall and I can use it for this blog post! I have a lot to share with you so let's start with my Favorite Face Products this month!



theBalm Hot Mama Blush: I actually like this better than Nars Orgasm because I don't have to pack it on as much. It's a very pigmented blush. This has a nice gold shimmer specks to it, and just gives that nice peachy-coral color and glow to your cheeks!

Inglot AMC Cream Concealer in #70: I have been using this on any area I need coverage + under the eye, and it stays put and does not get dry looking. It's a creamy concealer that needs to be buffed with a brush (not fingers) under the eye and with a bit of powder to set it, it will not settle into my fine lines.

Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics mineral shimmer in Emotion: This one I got from my October's Ipsy glambag (my last Ipsy bag for now. Read here for more info.). I have just been loving purple eye shadow this Fall and I just fell in-love with this one! This has a sifter in it so it is not as messy as you think, *just tap a little bit on the cap and just build the shadow from there. I put this all over my lids and I can be set for the day, well of course + winged liner + mascara = done!

With this eye shadow I have been using the Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye primer sample I asked from a Sephora store. The girl from Sephora gave me a good amount of sample that I have not even opened my new Urban Decay (UD) eye primer I bought from few weeks ago! So don't be shy to ask for sample ladies, these girls know how pricey these beauty products are, so they will be glad to give you some samples! I have never used this primer before and I would purchase this after I am done with my UD primer. My shadow definitely looks more vibrant and stays put all day with no creasing at all!


Clarisonic Mia2: This is the biggest purchase I did for the month and I do not regret it! I am loving what this has been doing to my skin. I can't say it has prevented me to breakout since I am dealing with a hormonal breakout right now, but my skin has never felt so soft before this.

Favorite Lip Product
Almay's Liquid Lip Balm in Lilac Love: Ever since I bought this, I have been using it as my lip balm, even at home! It leaves a nice sheer lilac tint on the lips, and I have been getting a lot of compliments from it too! This is so moisturizing so it's been keeping my dry lips hydrated. I only need to re-apply after eating and drinking. This has such a nice sweet scent to it that makes you crave for either some ice cream (like when I asked hubby to smell it!) or candy or like me some cupcake, hehehe! 


 Favorite Nail Polishes of the month:
I couldn't choose one  from all the polishes I wore this month so I have included them all.
  • Zoya polish in Neve: it's this nice metallic deep blue color which is great Fall color
  • theBalm polish in Grass is(n't) Always Greener: this is a nice metallic dark green shade. *If you are not into wearing black polish, try wearing jewel toned colors like these two for the Fall. 
  • Wet n'Wild Megalast Polish in Undercover: I needed a break from all the dark polish so I bought this nice mauve-pink polish. Instead of wearing nude toned color polish, I went for a pink nude shade.
  • Julep Top Coat: I got this from my PopSugar Must Have October box, and this seals my polish great! No chipping or bubbles, which I have been having a problem with my other top coats (except with Wet n'Wild Fergie Top Coat polish). This dries pretty fast too that I am able to wash the dishes or take a shower after half an hour of doing my nails.

Favorite Body Product

Kat Von D in Saint Rollerball perfume: I have been wearing this to bed sometimes! It's a cuddle-worthy scent - and that's the best way I can describe it! I am not good at describing perfume scents so here's what's in Sephora's website says:

"Introducing Saint, created by tattoo artist Kat Von D exclusively for Sephora. The sweet nectar of Mirabelle Plum and sparkling juicy mandarin create an addictive, mouth-watering top. At the heart, exotic, heady Tiare flower and sweet, tempting caramel are adorned with the velvety floralcy of jasmine, the queen of the night, as she emits her spellbinding fragrance into the sky. Sensual vanilla and creamy musk combine with the warmth of sandalwood for a comforting dry down."

I honestly don't know what all that meant, but if you find it in the store, just give it a sniff! I used to be not a fan of vanilla scented perfumes but I have been actually liking this scent for colder season, so give it a chance and see if you like it.


Non-Beauty Favorites:



Twinings Early Grey Tea: I prefer loose teas but this is what we have in the kitchen right now. This is hubby's favorite tea and brand, and this is a must-have in our kitchen. This is great to pair with my sweet tooth cravings lately. I have to make a confession, I have been bad and have been eating a lot of sweet desserts for breakfast this month. Can I blame the weather for that? I either add a non-dairy creamer to it or just by itself with my cupcake or macarons. And if I am in need of a caffeine boost, I go get . . .


Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Latte: After all this talk of PSL (pumpkin spiced latte) from Starbucks on blogs and Instagram, I had to try some pumpkin flavored coffee drink and see what all the rave is about. I am not a big fan of Starbucks coffee and the closest coffee shop by me is Dunkin Donuts (DD), so I went to try DD Pumpkin Latte and I went overboard last month and ordered this at least once a week! It is bad when DD is only two blocks away and is right across from a Walgreen's and a Rite-Aid - oh the trouble that this drink has gotten me, hehehe! 
*Yes, I drink my hot coffees with a straw so it's easy to walk, cross the streets, browse the beauty aisles without tilting my cup towards my face. Plus! It doesn't ruin your lipstick that much! 

So that's what I have been loving this past month, besides being it the best Fall month- the beautiful foliage, my Hubby's birthday month, our wedding anniv month and pumpkin pie month-  which we still have to go get some! October is just that great transition month from Summer to the holiday seasons. The fashion, the makeup and all the new TV shows! I can just keep going! 

What are on your October fave list? What are you guys looking forward to in November? OMG! We are two months away from 2014! Let's not get started on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com