September 20, 2013

The Face Shop mini-haul


When I was just saying how lucky I am that my Ipsy bag is not one of those stuck somewhere, here I am refreshing the DHL tracking site this whole week now and nothing has changed! It has been sitting in Kentucky and Ipsy has no clue what's the delay.
To distract myself from all this waiting, I went to go check out Korean Town in New York City and see what beauty goodies I can find.
Unfortunately, they only have one beauty shop in the area called The Face Shop.

"The Face Shop is a South Korea-based skincare and cosmetics manufacturer, retailer and a franchise business." 



"Its products includes body, bath, skin care and make-up aimed at both women and men"

I am not sure if they are comparable to Etude House or HolikaHolika or any other Korean beauty products out there since I have yet to try any of these brands! 
I just love how The Face Shop uses natural ingredients so I was more interested in their skin care products.
This is such a small haul since I was really looking forward to find different Korean products but now I have to go trek to my Sister's neighborhood which is more Little Korea than the one I went to.



  • Real Nature Mask- Aloe ($2): "A soothing and hydrating mask sheet containing aloe extract, which hydrates and soothes the skin, providing instant care to sensitive skin."
    • My skin has been breaking out recently, Im guessing from the change of weather, so hopefully this helps! 
    • So from the small English instructions in the back, this contains a face sheet soaked with aloe and other ingredients that you leave for a few minutes after you wash and applied your toner on.
  • Real Nature Mask - Lemon ($2): "A brightening mask sheet containing fresh lemon extract to brighten dull skin tone while maintaining its translucence."
    • This will be helpful during the Fall/Winter season since my skin then goes through patchy, dry, dull phase.
  • False Lashes from Echo and Shisem (sale for $3.25ea)
    • I am not a fan of false lash wearer but if i do need to glam up I feel like my eyes need to pop more and false lashes do give that oomph! it needs. Since the packaging is in Korean I am just going to say this set comes with it's own glue and for the price the quality is pretty good. My sis has bought me a pair before and have used it 2-3 times before I threw it out. It does look pretty natural when I wore it. I can't compare this with Ardell or Red Cherry lashes since I have never bought those, yet! Maybe once I am used to wearing it, I will do a battle of the lashes hehehe.

So this is my mini-haul, a quick post today while my Ipsy bag is sitting in a warehouse somewhere and do my last minute preps for tomorrows party.

To those who will be hosting and attending a Benefit's Lash Bash Party tomorrow, hope you all have fun! I can't wait to see the pics and see what other hostesses have planned up for their party! I will be stalking your Instagram pictures hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com