November 23, 2012

Coastal.Com Website Review

So I have read about Coastal.com from MarieClaire@Work magazine. It said that your first pair of glasses from their site is free! So I had to check it out. At first I thought, there has to be a catch so I better read the fine lines, FAQs..everything! Just to make sure I do only be paying the shipping & handling.I also looked online for reviews about this website and see how legit this is.
Of course MarieClaire will not publish a company that is not truly legit so that was one factor that helped a little bit for me to trust Coastal. And after reading reviews online and watching videos on youtube about Coastal.com, which were mostly great reviews; very satisfied customers with their nice looking glasses, I went online myself and started shopping for a pair of cat eye shaped glasses.
Unfortunately the free pair excludes their Luxury brand models which I don't care much. I really have nothing to lose getting a free pair since I still have my year old glasses working well right now. So I went with the Derek Cardigans 7005 Brown TortoiseShell glasses which I'm so excited to get since it got good reviews and the pictures look so cute! At check out after putting in the offer code, I only did ended up paying the s&h, tax and the Coating Bundle ($19.95), totaling to only ~$40! Very cheap compared to my $100+ RayBan glasses now!
I ordered on a Monday. two days later I received an email from Coastal that they have upgraded my shipping to Fedex and I should be receiving my glasses by Friday! Now I couldn't wait for the end of the week to come! Friday came, waited all day at home for the Fedex guy and I got nothing! Checked the tracking number and my package is still on Clearance Delay! I thought the site was not just updated and it will come but nothing came! First thing I did Monday was to speak to Coastal. I first went on their online chat assistance and she told me the same thing that my package is on clearance delay and they have no idea when it will be delivered since it's all in the hands of the FDA now. *Not a really good answer
I decided to just keep waiting and maybe it will come sometime that week and still nothing came. I have been checking their Facebook to see if I'm the only one affected by this "Clearance Delay" dilemma and it looks like a lot of their customers who ordered the same time I did are all in the same boat!
Coastal did acknowledge the problem and posted on their Facebook that they are trying to handle everything as much as they can and asking for everyone's patience. Another week gone by (week#3 of waiting) and customers are losing their patience. Their facebook page became a wall of complains and unhappy customers. By this time, I have written a facebook message to them and an email in regards to my eye glasses!
Week#4 of waiting I see they have posted on their Facebook that they will re-producing the orders that were held by the FDA and customers should be receiving them by the end of the week or the next. Instead of getting that good news of an email, mine says how they have ran out of the Derek Cardigans 7005 and I will need to pick a different pair with no additional cost at all, Luxury brand or not. I still wanted a cat-eye shaped glasses so I went for Love L740 in Black Passion. The person I spoke to over the phone made sure she will put this order right away to their lab so I will get it immediately. This was two weeks ago.
Last week I emailed them to get an update on my new order and they gave me a USPS tracking number. I received all of my other packages I have ordered from other online sites and they used USPS too. I see the updates from those packages but nothing from Coastals USPS tracking number. At this point I felt I was being scammed. I already have asked to refund my shipping because of all this ridiculousness but tricking me with a USPS tracking number is just beyond stupidity in their part! I complained and emailed and Facebook messaged them, and they have assured me they will be giving me a full refund.
My refund has been processed and yet still no glasses. I received another email last week telling me how they had to resubmit my new order of L740 to their lab since there was a problem again with the shipping that it is being held in customs again! I'm not sure if to believe this anymore, I am tired of hearing the "Customs" excuse as I call it since it shouldn't be this difficult to ship one pair of glasses from Canada to the US! He goes to write the new glasses has been shipped via Airmail, that has no tracking number and I should get it in 6-10 days. Does that sound like another lie to you? It does to me! I am on day 9 of waiting and still nothing. I chatted with their chat assistance and she goes it should be here by nov.28, that's another week from now! That's already two weeks of waiting if it was truly shipped on the 14th.
This time it would be a miracle if my mailman comes and deliver me a box from Coastal.com since I believe I just have been dropped by the company since I already got my full money back. This is not about the money anymore but the principal! I gave you my patience which was slowly diminishing as the end of the year is right around the corner and you can't even mail one pair of glasses out of Canada! We have ordered other stuff from other sites that came from Canada and it did not take this long for them to deliver it to us! Your company obviously needs an overhaul since this is one huge mistake you cannot take out on Customs. You have kept my hopes up and I expected to be treated better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

fivetwocertified.blogspot.com